Safety HouseWorks Statement on COVID-19/Coronavirus Measures
We want to assure you that we take the health and safety of every client seriously, and we are committed to making the home the safest place for you and your family. As such, we are actively monitoring the Coronavirus in all our locations.
HouseWorks has taken the following precautions:
- Handwashing: Reinforced proper handwashing techniques in accordance with the recommendations from the CDC (e.g. wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water).
- Hand sanitizer: All our Caregivers have access to hand sanitizers, and we have instructed them to use as an extra precaution during this outbreak.
- Gloves: Caregivers have access to latex gloves to use as needed in every home.
- Think prevention: Reinforced proper preventative measures regarding coughing, sneezing, and cleaning objects and surfaces.
- Report symptoms (Client): Instructed Caregivers to report any ﬂu-like symptoms that they observe during their shift to their manager, who will escalate the report to the family.
- Report symptoms (Caregiver): Instructed Caregivers to notify their manager if they have flu-like symptoms and/or know they have been exposed or have traveled to areas with known outbreaks.
- Stay home (Caregivers): Instructed Caregivers to follow our existing protocol, which states they are to stay home when sick. If a Caregiver gets sick, we will remove them from the schedule and work diligently to find a healthy replacement Caregiver.
The safety and well-being of our clients and staﬀ are our top priority, now and always. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your CareTeam. We will work with you to get through this challenge and welcome your feedback as the situation continues to unfold
The HouseWorks Team
Download a copy of the letter sent to clients on March 6, 2020