Our story begins, not surprisingly, at home. As the primary caregiver for her aging mother and father, our founder Andrea Cohen saw firsthand the difference that comfort, safety, and familiarity of home can make for older adults. She drew inspiration from personal experience and committed herself professionally to reimagine aging and make caring for seniors at home easier. Founded in 1998, HouseWorks has worked ever since to change the way private in-home care is delivered.
Working Together Partners & Affiliations
Serving seniors goes beyond offering personalized home care — it also means being a leading industry voice and affiliating with organizations that share our passion and commitment.
Through these organizations, we champion many important issues and causes:
- Beacon Hill Village
- Boston Bridge
- Boston Medical Center
- Caregiver Action Network
- The Commonwealth Institute
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Hebrew SeniorLife
- Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts
- Home Care Association of America
- Massachusetts Gerontology Association
- Massachusetts Women’s Forum
- Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare