Aging • Safety Signs Your Loved One Might Need Help at Home
Here’s what to look for during the holidays
These subtle signs are often the first indications of age-related decline. As you visit during the holidays, take note of any unusual changes, including:
- Weight loss
- Changes in balance, mobility, mood or memory
- Untidiness: piles of dirty dishes, laundry, etc.
- Expired food in the refrigerator or cabinets
- Unpaid bills, stacks of unopened mail
- Unused or expired prescription medications
If you notice any alarming behaviors during your holiday visit, call HouseWorks. We can provide a free assessment to see if your loved one would benefit from an extra set of hands and companionship that comes with in-home care.